Monday, September 17, 2012

 Director: David Ayer
David Ayer is an American screenwriter, film director, and film producer born in Champaign, Illinois in 1968. Known for his reputation for gritty crime thrillers, Ayer made his directorial debut with the movie Harsh times in 2005. He goes on to direct other movies of the same genre in Street Kings and End of Watch. But that wasn’t David Ayer’s first time getting his feet wet in the film industry. By then he was well known for his screenwriting talents in the movies Training Day and The Fast and The Furious, two pulse-pounding crime dramas set in the mean streets of Los Angeles. He also rewrote the screenplay for the submarine thriller U-571. David Ayer first got a feel for the unforgiving streets of LA after being kicked out of his parents’ house as a teenager and being forced to live with his cousin in south-central Los Angeles. In fact, this is where the talented screenwriter/director got most of his inspiration for portraying the sub-side of this violent community.

*********************************************************************** 

Site Overview

Hi, my name is MovieKeith and I love movies. In fact, I have been watching them since before I can remember and I have always had an eye for cinematography. On this blog I will be using my unique skills to describe to you a various range of prestigious director/producers and the films they are most famous for. I will begin with a short history of the director, then provide a detailed review of the film in question. I hope you enjoy my movie reviews!!